“…it is essential that access to education is understood in the context of continued rape culture on South African campuses. The imposition of a largely cisgender male private security force that has committed such violations needs to be understood as a further dismissal of the barriers that women and non-binary people face in accessing these spaces. It is a further perpetuation of rape culture when private security sexually harasses and assaults students who are protesting. It is another tool to further silence women and non-binary people, to – so to speak – “put them in their place”.
- occasional dispatches from a transnational trans woman of colour / écrits occasionnels d'une femme trans racisée d'existence transnationale
Creative Commons License
This création is licensed under a Creative Commons Paternité - Pas d'Utilisation Commerciale - Pas de Modification 2.0 France License.
- RT @mattzarb: Payday this week. If you're wondering what NI means on your payslip it's actually Northern Ireland 11 hours ago
- RT @AkwugoEmejulu: We did it, @leahbassel! Thank you for being such an amazing colleague, co-author and friend! 🙌🏾🎉💥❤️https://t.co/7Bcl5E45… 13 hours ago
- RT @Sherlocker2: Let's not be mealy-mouthed DUP have done good deal. Now let's see if constipated Assembly can pass it! FTC not spent&Dorma… 1 day ago
- Follow de frémancourt on WordPress.com
Tags#BelfastPride #CriticalTransVoices #GlobalSouth #PrideNotMine #QTPoCAcademics #QueerLiberation #reprojustice #ReproJusticeNorthernIreland #translivesofcolourmatter #UKLabour ALP AnneDickson challenging transphobia decolonize equality gender inclusive language gender justice gender pluralities homophobia intersectional feminism Intersectionalities NorthernIreland police brutality Pride pro-choice queer liberation racial discrimination racial justice reproductive justice Reproductive rights in Ireland trans feminism Transfeminism Transfeminist perspectives Transgender rights Transpolitics Transwomen of colour UlsterUnionism UnionistWomenInNorthernIreland UPNI WomenInPolitics